Arrangements can be made for a pilot to remain onboard a ship (over-carriage) subject to the provision of adequate notice and availability of pilots. Over-Carriage requests are to be submitted as a contingency plan for occasions when it is unsafe for the pilot launch to disembark the pilot.
Charges for this service are outlined in the Southampton Pilotage Tariff.
Vessels agents will be responsible for:
- Providing ABP with adequate notice and requesting pilot availability
- Arranging transport for pilots as agreed with Southampton VTS
- Managing ship ETA/ETDs and time changes
- Keeping Soton Pilots updated in regard to progress and arrangements
- Resolving charges associated with over-carriage
Southampton VTS will assist with any queries and are available to advise on logistics.
ABP are unable to make arrangements on behalf of the agent for locations outside of the England.
An administration charge may be applied in accordance with the Southampton Pilotage Tariff.
Please contact ABP Port Planning for any queries
- Agent to keep ABP and Brixham pilotage closely advised of ETA.
- Call Brixham pilots one hour before arrival on VHF 09 or mobile +447907 106 528.
- Advise your ships health, reportable illnesses on board, Covid status.
- Advise max arrival draught and freeboard (note if freeboard is greater than 9 m, personnel will require a combination of accommodation ladder and pilot ladder, to comply with IMO regs)
- Pilot launch will meet approximate 1.1/2 miles north-east of Berry Head at pilot boarding station position LAT 50.25.00 N Long 003.25.70 W,
- Position will be confirmed when contact is made via VHF 09.
- Pilot launch will require a maintained speed of 5 to 6 knots for transfer. Pilot ladder 2 m above water on leeward side
- Contact pilot launch provider to confirm the service is available
- Agent to complete Falmouth’s pilot request form
- Agent to book ABP Pilot transport and Falmouth Launch
- Agent to inform ship of pilot boarding / disembarking location and time
Agent to complete Ramsgate’s pilot request form