Southampton Marine Job Vacancies
Marine Clerk (16 hours a week, Monday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
Reporting to: Marine Administrator
• Nautical background would be an advantage.
• Proven experience of working within an administration role.
• Excellent working knowledge of IT Software, including Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Excellent time management & organisational skills. Ability to manage own workload.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to be a team player as well as working on own initiative with a flexible approach to duties.
• Previous experience in efficient and accurate minute taking.
• Willing to learn new skills.
• To be responsible for the supply, issue and servicing of uniforms and PPE.
• To administer Pilotage Exemption certificates and radar/radio licences.
• To liase with shipping companies and agents to coordinate vessel/berth bookings.
• Other general administrative duties as required.
Applications should be submitted by: Wednesday 30th April 2014
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please advise your manager and ask him/her to counter-sign your application form. The Internal application form can be downloaded from the ABP Web site or is obtainable from your Personnel Department. (Note this form is only available from computers on the ABP network)
Only applications submitted on an ABP application form will be considered. Please also submit a full CV and a covering letter. The form can be downloaded from the Associated British Ports web site, or you may request a copy from the Personnel Department, ABP Southampton, Ocean Gate, Atlantic Way, SO14 3QN.
Please note that we do not wish to fill this position via an agency. Please do not make unsolicited approaches with reference to the above post.