Southampton Marine Job Vacancies
Company: Associated British Ports
Reporting to: Pilotage Manager
• STCW II/2 Certificate of Competency – Master (unlimited)
• Relevant seagoing experience as Master or 1st Mate
• Geographical knowledge of the Port of Southampton
• Develop and maintain a knowledge and understanding of the Marine Safety Management Systems, emergency procedures / plans and operational procedures in use.
• Conduct vessels under compulsory Pilotage within ABP Southampton’s CHA areas of jurisdiction and conduct non compulsory Pilotage vessels if services are requested.
• Maintain and develop the required skills and knowledge (as detailed in the National Occupational Standards for Marine Pilots) for continued authorisation as a Marine Pilot, and undertake training as required.
• Maintain and develop a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all navigational matters within the Pilotage area.
• Support the Harbour Master in communications to Port Officers and other surrounding vessels.
• Develop and maintain a high level of competency in ship handling.
• Perform suitable bridge management duties in relation to statutory obligations.
• Prepare and submit Passage plans and Pilotage tickets as required.
• Prepare and submit incident/accident and other reports as required.
• Provide professional advice to the VTS and other relevant stakeholders on local navigational and other port marine issues when required.
Applications should be submitted by: Wednesday 24th February 2016
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please advise your manager and ask him/her to counter-sign your application form. The Internal application form can be downloaded from the ABP Web site or is obtainable from your Personnel Department. (Note this form is only available from computers on the ABP network)
Only applications submitted on an ABP application form will be considered. Please also submit a full CV and a covering letter. The form can be downloaded from the Associated British Ports web site, or you may request a copy from the Personnel Department, ABP Southampton, Ocean Gate, Atlantic Way, SO14 3QN.
Please note that we do not wish to fill this position via an agency. Please do not make unsolicited approaches with reference to the above post.