Southampton Marine Job Vacancies
Job Title: Multi Purpose Marine Operative 4 (2nd Coxswain)
Location: Gosport / Southampton
Reporting to: Marine Officer
• Appropriate small craft marine qualification.
• Small craft experience with command of small inshore craft desirable.
• Working knowledge of Central and Eastern Solent and Southampton Water.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and previous experience of dealing with the public.
• Ability to be a team player.
• Willingness to progress within the Marine Department.
• Assisting the Coxswain in the launch operation and maintaining the pilotage service.
• Maintaining a good lookout, reporting potential concerns and carrying out other navigational duties.
• Conveying pilots and other authorised persons as requested by VTS.
• Maintenance, cleanliness and minor repair of launch and equipment to ensure safe and seaworthy condition.
Applications should be submitted by: Friday 12th June 2015
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please advise your manager and ask him/her to counter-sign your application form. The Internal application form can be downloaded from the ABP Web site or is obtainable from your Personnel Department. (Note this form is only available from computers on the ABP network)
Only applications submitted on an ABP application form will be considered. Please also submit a full CV and a covering letter. The form can be downloaded from the Associated British Ports web site, or you may request a copy from the Personnel Department, ABP Southampton, Ocean Gate, Atlantic Way, SO14 3QN.
Please note that we do not wish to fill this position via an agency. Please do not make unsolicited approaches with reference to the above post.